Friday 23 March 2012

Catching Fire - Book Review


The Hunger Games trilogy is gripping. I picked up the second book in the trilogy near enough as soon as I finished the first; I needed to know what else the ‘Capitol’ could possibly put Katniss through. There is a build-up of anticipation ‘as whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol’ spread across Panem. A rebellion started by Katniss’ bold act at the end of the Seventy-Fourth Hunger Games.

As with the first book, each chapter in ‘Part II’ ends in suspense. From the moment the Quarter Quell is announced the book will hardly leave your hands. I became drawn into the world Collins had created. You will become emotionally involved. You will feel Katniss’ pain, her hunger, her confusion. You will want to help – but you can’t. You will read in anticipation fearing for her, and needing her questions answered. It is a thrilling intense experience.

The third in the trilogy, Mockingjay, is now by my side. At exactly 7.30pm I’ll be sat in the Silver Screen Cinema in Folkestone, ready to see how Collins’ vision of the future has been depicted on the big screen. The big screen will bring Panem to audiences who prefer to watch than read, but also bringing what many readers have held in their head and hold dear, to life. I am excited for the film but can safely say now – it will hold nothing on the books, films never do. 


I am now a part of The Hunger Games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment