Friday 20 April 2012

Cabin in the Woods - Film Review

Three words - what the fuck?
What the fuck am I watching is the main thought that ran through my mind while watching this film.

The whole thing was completely bizarre. Writer, Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) laid bare the well-known conventions of horror films, using them to his advantage - and putting a story behind a story.  This I relate to the 'gamemakers' of 'The Hunger Games' as we witness a team of people setting into motion all of the disasters that are to await the five unsuspecting friends.

Despite the utterly weird storyline and turn of events, there are aspects of this film which are simply awesome. For example, the ending - it was brilliant, I'll give no more than that away though. I was happy as well because I'd watched a horror film that barely scared me. There were parts where I jumped out of my skin and had to look away as it was too gross to watch, but each was counteracted by a hint of comedy that was weaved throughout the film and eased my nerves. Despite the mixed opinions of almost everyone who left the cinema, my opinion is watch the film for yourself to see if you can decide what you think.

You think you know what to expect, and then the unexpected happens. 


                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment